Marriage Preparation Workshop (Optional)
Dr. Bruce Porfilio, Psychologist
Is pre-marriage preparation and education beneficial?
YES! According to marriage research, a good skill based pre-marriage education seminar reduces the likelihood of divorce up to 40 percent and leads to a significantly happier marriage.Couples need every advantage to succeed in today’s marriages. Marriages face more demands and are more complex than ever before. Half of all marriages end in divorce and only half of those that endure are happy in the long run. Do everything you can to ensure that your dreams of a great life together are realized. A satisfying marriage requires couples to learn and demonstrate skills that empower them to maintain mutual affection while resolving issues, upsets, challenges, and conflicts that are an inevitable aspect of every marriage. Successful marriages require love, commitment, knowledge, effort, and work. Form the intention now to create a resilient and long-term loving marriage from the start. Strengthen your relationship and prepare constructively for future challenges by attending the Marriage Success Workshop at Wayfarers Chapel!
What will we learn?
- The 7 Keys to a Successful Marriage
- The Normal Stages of Marriage
- The Healing Power of Humor in Marriage
- How to Nurture each other emotionally
- How to Support your partner when he/she is feeling vulnerable or overly stressed
- Increase your Relationship IQ
- Identify and remove the negative emotions that can become destructive of love
- Lifestyle habits that promote joy and peace
- The Practice of Unconditional Love
- 3 Attitudes that create Flourishing Partnerships
- The Forgiveness Principle
- The Humility Factor
- Understanding your Differences
- Understanding your Similarities
- How to express fondness and appreciation
- Healthy Communication Habits
- How to offer Constructive Feedback
- Building a “We-First” relationship
- The Loving Art of Compromise
- How to Deal with Touchy Subjects
What can I expect?
A small, fun, religion neutral workshop facilitated by a helping professional who’s devoted to helping couples create and sustain a marriage that grows more beautiful in mutual love through the years.
Marriage Workshop Dates
Please select one of the following dates to attend and include date in your response:
September 21, October 19, November 16.
January 18, February 15, March 15, April 19, May 17, June 21, July 19, August 16, September 20, October 18, November 15.
Cost:$50.00 per couple
Marriage Workshop Registration BY EMAIL:
If you have an upcoming wedding here at the Chapel and are interested in attending one of the workshops, please send an email to the Reservations Office and include:
YOUR WEDDING DATE
NAMES OF GROOM AND BRIDE
CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE
BEST TIME TO CALL
YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS
Marriage Workshop Registration BY REGULAR MAIL:
You can also register to the Marriage Workshop by regular mail. Please include the workshop date, your wedding date, names of groom and bride, address, city, state, zip code, telefon number, best time to call, and your email address, and mail this information to:
Wayfarers Center West
Attn.: Marriage Workshop
6118 Palos Verdes Drive South
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
310-377-1650 Ext. 1