A satisfying marriage requires couples to learn and demonstrate skills that empower them to maintain mutual affection while resolving issues, upsets, challenges, and conflicts that are an inevitable aspect of every marriage. A successful marriage requires love, commitment, knowledge, effort, and work. Form the intention now to create a resilient and long-term loving marriage from the start. Strengthen your relationship and prepare constructively for future challenges by attending the Marriage Success Workshop at Wayfarers Chapel!
love, commitment, knowledge, effort, and work. Form the intention now to create a resilient and long-term loving marriage from the start. Strengthen your relationship and prepare constructively for future challenges by attending the Marriage Success Workshop at Wayfarers Chapel!
What will we learn?
- The 7 Keys to a Successful Marriage
- The Normal Stages of Marriage
- The Healing Power of Humor in Marriage
- How to Nurture each other emotionally
- How to Support your partner when he/she is feeling vulnerable or overly stressed
- Increase your Relationship IQ
- Identify and remove the negative emotions that can become destructive of love
- Lifestyle habits that promote joy and peace
- The Practice of Unconditional Love
- 3 Attitudes that create Flourishing Partnerships
- The Forgiveness Principle
- The Humility Factor
- Understanding your Differences
- Understanding your Similarities
- How to express fondness and appreciation
- Healthy Communication Habits
- How to offer Constructive Feedback
- Building a “We-First” relationship
- The Loving Art of Compromise
- How to Deal with Touchy Subjects
What can I expect?
A small, fun, religion neutral workshop facilitated by a helping professional who’s devoted to helping couples create and sustain a marriage that grows more beautiful in mutual love through the years.
Facilitator: Dr. Bruce Porfilio, Psychologist
Marriage Workshop Dates
Marriage Workshop is usually held once a month except in December.
2017: January 21, February 11, March 18, April 15, May 13, June 17, July 15, August 19, September 9, October 21, November 18.
Cost: $50.00 per couple
Marriage Workshop Registration BY EMAIL:
If you have an upcoming wedding here at the Chapel and are interested in attending one of the workshops, please send an email to the Reservations Office and include:
WORKSHOP DATE ________________________
YOUR WEDDING DATE _________________
NAMES OF GROOM AND BRIDE ______________________________
CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE __________________________
PHONE NUMBER ____________________________
BEST TIME TO CALL _______________________________
YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS ____________________________
Marriage Workshop Registration BY REGULAR MAIL:
You can also register to the Marriage Workshop by regular mail. Please include the workshop date, your wedding date, names of groom and bride, address, city, state, zip code, phone number, best time to call, and your email address, and mail this information to:
Wayfarers Center West
Attn.: Marriage Workshop
6118 Palos Verdes Drive South
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
310-377-1650 Ext. 1