Current Wedding Ceremony Protocols
Current Wedding Ceremony Protocols
Page Updated: 1/13/21
We want you and your guests to feel comfortable during your ceremony. We are following all of the local and state policies and procedures that have been put in place to keep you, your guests, and our staff safe. Due to the nature of a public health crisis, information and guidance are constantly changing. We can only plan with the information we have on any given day; please be aware that all ceremonies are subject to change as a result of state and local policy and protocol updates. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this entire process.
Please note, Los Angeles County’s protocols and guidance supersede the State of California criteria for any restrictions on activities. The most recent public health update for Los Angeles County that applies to Places of Worship was updated on 12/29/20; you can access it here: Protocol for Social Distancing: Appendix A
After reading this page, if you have further questions or to inquire about available dates and times, please call our Reservations office 310-377-1650 x 1. Our reservations staff are currently working modified schedules (Monday – Thursday from 9am – 4pm) and as a result our response times may be delayed.
We recognize the importance of major life celebrations and with all that is happening in our world today, these occasions have taken on an extra level of significance. We are very fortunate to have beautifully maintained grounds and gardens with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean that provide a wonderful space for outdoor weddings. We are excited to be able to offer our beautiful outdoor space as a wedding venue option for safe and intimate marriage ceremonies.
During your time on the grounds, you and your guests will have full access to the 3.5 acres that the Chapel sits on. Our grounds include trees forming arbored walkways leading to gardens replicating the forest floor, a hillside stream, beautifully manicured lawns, an outdoor amphitheater, a stone colonnade, a memorial fountain, and a rose garden with a walk of honor featuring engraved pavers.
Wayfarers Chapel is a beautiful outdoor wedding venue with amazing coastal Southern California views. Our outdoor ceremonies take place in front of the Chapel entrance with an altar, the Minister, and the wedding couple on the upper platform. Ceremony guests are spaced out on the lawn, under the mosaic canopy of our Italian stone pines, all with a breathtaking view of the Pacific Ocean and Catalina Island.
An overview of some of our current policies for all ceremonies:
Protocols Updated: 8/19/20
- In accordance with the current public health guidelines, we are currently holding ceremonies outdoors
- Face coverings/masks are required to be worn by all people in attendance at all times, with the exception of the wedding couple during the wedding ceremony. Please note that the mask requirement includes the Minister officiating the ceremony
- Physical distancing is required between individuals who do not live in the same household
- Guests/attendees are limited to 20 people. This number must include all guests, including: children, bridesmaids, groomsmen, photographers, videographers, wedding coordinators, etc. that you bring with you. This number does not include the wedding couple or vendors who are not in attendance at the service (e.g. a florist dropping off flowers, the limousine driver, etc.)
- All guests/attendees must be pre-registered with their name, email, and phone number to attend (this information is gathered for contact tracing purposes)
- Everyone will be verbally screened for symptoms upon entering the Chapel grounds
- We are unable to accommodate participating clergy or additional musicians at this time
- Our video team is unable to offer video services or streaming for outdoor ceremonies; Couples are welcome to bring their own videographer but please note that the use of drones is prohibited
- The Chapel and grounds are closed to the public; only those pre-registered for a ceremony are permitted on the grounds during the ceremony
- While ceremony contributions are non-refundable, couples have the opportunity to reschedule
We will be updating our policies and procedures as local and state health guidelines are released. All policies and procedures are subject to change.
If you have further questions or to inquire about available dates and times, please call our Reservations office 310-377-1650 x 1. Our reservations staff are currently working modified schedules (Monday – Thursday from 9am – 4pm) and as a result our response times may be delayed.